As a Hospital Customer Service Representative (CSR), you will play a vital role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of our healthcare facility. You will serve as the first point of contact for patients, their families, and visitors, providing exceptional customer service and assistance in navigating the hospital’s services. Your dedication to patient satisfaction and your ability to handle inquiries, resolve issues, and create a welcoming atmosphere will be critical to our hospital’s success.
Patient Assistance: Greet and assist patients and visitors upon arrival, providing directions to different departments, clinics, and patient rooms.
Inquiries and Information: Respond to phone calls, emails, and in-person inquiries, providing information about hospital services, appointments, visiting hours, and general inquiries.
Scheduling: Assist patients in scheduling appointments, including outpatient tests, specialist consultations, and admissions, ensuring a seamless and convenient process.
Registration and Verification: Verify patient information, including insurance details, and assist in the registration process for new and returning patients.
Billing and Payment Support: Address billing inquiries, help patients understand their financial responsibilities, and facilitate payment arrangements when necessary.
Handle patient and visitor complaints, conflicts, and concerns professionally and efficiently, aiming for resolution and a positive patient experience.
Visitor Policy Enforcement: Enforce hospital visitor policies, ensuring the safety and security of patients and staff.
Clerical Duties: Assist with administrative tasks, such as filing, data entry, and maintaining accurate records.
Contribute to the continuous improvement of customer service by providing feedback and suggestions for process enhancements.
- High school diploma or equivalent (associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field is a plus).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and the capacity to handle challenging situations with empathy.
- Computer proficiency, including experience with hospital management systems or similar software.
- Prior experience in customer service, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare processes is an advantage.
- Compassionate and patient-centered approach.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic healthcare environment.
- Professional and courteous demeanor.
- Competitive salary.
- Healthcare and dental coverage.
- Retirement savings options.
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
- A chance to make a meaningful impact on patients’ experiences and overall hospital success.
Join our hospital team as a Customer Service Representative and help us create a welcoming and caring environment for our patients and their loved ones. Your dedication to customer service will play a vital role in ensuring our patients’ positive healthcare journey. Apply today and become a part of our committed and compassionate healthcare community.